Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Baking The Couch Potato Myth on FB

www.obesitythunderbay.ning.com is addressing childhood obesity. I am seeking volunteers, who will help to promote, a little Fat Talk and a little Fat Truth.
Couches do not produce food and to continually here about Couch Potatoes is a practice supported by a very big industry. Let's Bake the Couch Potato Myth with a hot oven full of truth. We need a new Obesity Action Plan,one with Integrity,and Dignity.
How do we encourage people to be mindful and responsible for the food they select? I am suggesting an Educational Action Plan,and that means we connect to the foods we are eating.Having said that,I also feel we need a new approach ,and that includes a level of Awareness as to why we crave such unhealthy foods.
Childhood obesity involves,education,poverty,safe places to play,media and food advertising,weight loss industry,and countless other factors .Add to that Food being a substance , and for me ,I use it to cope. While some Eat o Live ,I Lived To Eat.
Please add your voice to this effort, and expand our Childhood Obesity Action Plan to include Integrity and Dignity. A couch potato I am Not.And the term is unacceptable and rather simplistic. It avoids and isolates the individual, and I am calling for a National Debate on Childhood Obesity and the Food Environments.

Thanks Paul

2fat2fly on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment